Fidelity National Financial Privacy Notice
At Fidelity National Financial, Inc., we respect and believe it is important to protect the privacy of consumers and our customers. This Privacy Notice explains how we collect, use, and protect any information that we collect from you, when and to whom we disclose such information, and the choices you have about the use of that information. A summary of the Privacy Notice is below, and we encourage you to review the entirety of the Privacy Notice following this summary. You can opt-out of certain disclosures by following our opt-out procedure set forth at the end of this Privacy Notice.
|Types of Information Collected. You may provide us with certain personal information about you, like your contact information, addressdemographic information, social security number (SSN), driver's license, passport, other government ID numbers and/or financial information. We may also receive browsing information from your Internet browser, computer and/or mobile device if you visit or use our websites or applications.||How Information is Collected. We may collect personal information from you via applications, forms, and correspondence we receive from you and others related to our transactions with you. When you visit our websites from your computer or mobile device, we automatically collect and store certain information available to us through your Internet browser or computer equipment to optimize your website experience.|
|Use of Collected Information. We request and use your personal information to provide products and services to you, to improve our products and services, and to communicate with you about these products and services. We may also share your contact information with our affiliates for marketing purposes.||When Information Is Disclosed. We may disclose your information to our affiliates and/or nonaffiliated parties providing services for you or us, to law enforcement agencies or governmental authorities, as required by law, and to parties whose interest in title must be determined.|
|Choices With Your Information. Your decision to submit information to us is entirely up to you. You can opt-out of certain disclosure or use of your information or choose to not provide any personal information to us.||Information From Children. We do not knowingly collect information from children who are under the age of 13, and our website is not intended to attract children.|
|Privacy Outside the Website. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third parties, even if our website links to those parties' websites.||International Users. By providing us with you information, you consent to its transfer, processing and storage outside of your country of residence, as well as the fact that we will handle such information consistent with this Privacy Notice.|
|The California Online Privacy Protection Act. Some FNF companies provide services to mortgage loan servicers and, in some cases, their websites collect information on behalf of mortgage loan servicers. The mortgage loan servicer is responsible for taking action or making changes to any consumer information submitted through those websites.|
|Your Consent To This Privacy Notice. By submitting information to us or by using our website, you are accepting and agreeing to the terms of this Privacy Notice.||Access and Correction; Contact Us. If you desire to contact us regarding this notice or your information, please contact us at email@example.com or as directed at the end of this Privacy Notice.|
Fidelity National Financial, Inc. and its majority-owned subsidiary companies providing title insurance, real estate- and loan-related services (collectively, “FNF”, “our” or “we”) respect and are committed to protecting your privacy. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information and Browsing Information will only be used in compliance with this Privacy Notice and applicable laws. This Privacy Notice is only in effect for Personal Information and Browsing Information collected and/or owned by or on behalf of FNF, including Personal Information and Browsing Information collected through any FNF website, online service or application (collectively, the “Website”).
Types of Information Collected
We may collect two types of information from you: Personal Information and Browsing Information.
Personal Information. FNF may collect the following categories of Personal Information:
- contact information (g., name, address, phone number, email address);
- demographic information (g., date of birth, gender, marital status);
- social security number (SSN), driver's license, passport, and other government ID numbers;
- financial account information; and
- other personal information needed from you to provide title insurance, real estate- and loan-related services to you.
Browsing Information. FNF may collect the following categories of Browsing Information:
- Internet Protocol (or IP) address or device ID/UDID, protocol and sequence information;
- browser language and type;
- domain name system requests;
- browsing history, such as time spent at a domain, time and date of your visit and number of clicks;
- http headers, application client and server banners; and
- operating system and fingerprinting data.
How Information is Collected
In the course of our business, we may collect Personal Information about you from the following sources:
- applications or other forms we receive from you or your authorized representative;
- the correspondence you and others send to us;
- information we receive through the Website;
- information about your transactions with, or services performed by, us, our affiliates or nonaffiliated third parties; and
- information from consumer or other reporting agencies and public records maintained by governmental entities that we obtain directly from those entities, our affiliates or others.
If you visit or use our Website, we may collect Browsing Information from you as follows:
- Browser Log Files. Our servers automatically log each visitor to the Website and collect and record certain browsing information about each visitor. The Browsing Information includes generic information and reveals nothing personal about the user.
Cookies. When you visit our Website, a “cookie” may be sent to your computer. A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your Internet browser from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive. When you visit a website again, the cookie allows the website to recognize your computer. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. You can choose whether or not to accept cookies by changing your Internet browser settings, which may impair or limit some functionality of the Website.
Use of Collected Information
Information collected by FNF is used for three main purposes:
- To provide products and services to you or any affiliate or third party who is obtaining services on your behalf or in connection with a transaction involving you.
- To improve our products and services.
- To communicate with you and to inform you about our, our affiliates' and third parties' products and services, jointly or independently.
When Information Is Disclosed
We may provide your Personal Information (excluding information we receive from consumer or other credit reporting agencies) and Browsing Information to various individuals and companies, as permitted by law, without obtaining your prior authorization. Such laws do not allow consumers to restrict these disclosures. Please see the section “Choices With Your Personal Information” to learn how to limit the discretionary disclosure of your Personal Information and Browsing Information.
Disclosures of your Personal Information may be made to the following categories of affiliates and nonaffiliated third parties:
- to third parties to provide you with services you have requested, and to enable us to detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud, material misrepresentation, or nondisclosure;
- to our affiliate financial service providers for their use to market their products or services to you;
- to nonaffiliated third party service providers who provide or perform services on our behalf and use the disclosed information only in connection with such services;
- to nonaffiliated third party service providers with whom we perform joint marketing, pursuant to an agreement with them to market financial products or services to you;
- to law enforcement or other governmental authority in connection with an investigation, or civil or criminal subpoena or court order;
- to lenders, lien holders, judgment creditors, or other parties claiming an interest in title whose claim or interest must be determined, settled, paid, or released prior to closing; and
- other third parties for whom you have given us written authorization to disclose your Personal Information.
We may disclose Personal Information and/or Browsing Information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to:
- comply with a legal process or applicable laws;
- enforce this Privacy Notice;
- investigate or respond to claims that any material, document, image, graphic, logo, design, audio, video or any other information provided by you violates the rights of a third party; or
- protect the rights, property or personal safety of FNF, its users or the public.
We maintain reasonable safeguards to keep your Personal Information secure. When we provide Personal Information to our affiliates or third party service providers as discussed in this Privacy Notice, we expect that these parties process such information in compliance with our Privacy Notice or in a manner that is in compliance with applicable privacy laws. The use of your information by a business partner may be subject to that party's own Privacy Notice. Unless permitted by law, we do not disclose information we collect from consumer or credit reporting agencies with our affiliates or others without your consent.
We reserve the right to transfer your Personal Information, Browsing Information, and any other information, in connection with the sale or other disposition of all or part of the FNF business and/or assets, or in the event of our bankruptcy, reorganization, insolvency, receivership or an assignment for the benefit of creditors. You expressly agree and consent to the use and/or transfer of the foregoing information in connection with any of the above described proceedings. We cannot and will not be responsible for any breach of security by a third party or for any actions of any third party that receives any of the information that is disclosed to us.
Choices With Your Information
Whether you submit Personal Information or Browsing Information to FNF is entirely up to you. If you decide not to submit Personal Information or Browsing Information, FNF may not be able to provide certain services or products to you. The uses of your Personal Information and/or Browsing Information that, by law, you cannot limit, include:
- for our everyday business purposes - to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), to respond to law enforcement or other governmental authority in connection with an investigation, or civil or criminal subpoenas or court orders, or report to credit bureaus;
- for our own marketing purposes;
- for joint marketing with financial companies; and
- for our affiliates' everyday business purposes - information about your transactions and experiences.
You may choose to prevent FNF from disclosing or using your Personal Information and/or Browsing Information under the following circumstances (“opt-out”):
- for our affiliates' everyday business purposes - information about your creditworthiness; and
- for our affiliates to market to you.
To the extent permitted above, you may opt-out of disclosure or use of your Personal Information and Browsing Information by notifying us by one of the methods at the end of this Privacy Notice. We do not share your personal information with non-affiliates for their direct marketing purposes.
For California Residents: We will not share your Personal Information and Browsing Information with nonaffiliated third parties, except as permitted by California law. Currently, our policy is that we do not recognize “do not track” requests from Internet browsers and similar devices.
For Nevada Residents: You may be placed on our internal Do Not Call List by calling (888) 934-3354 or by contacting us via the information set forth at the end of this Privacy Notice. Nevada law requires that we also provide you with the following contact information: Bureau of Consumer Protection, Office of the Nevada Attorney General, 555 E. Washington St., Suite 3900, Las Vegas, NV 89101; Phone number: (702) 486-3132; email: BCPINFO@ag.state.nv.us.
For Oregon Residents: We will not share your Personal Information and Browsing Information with nonaffiliated third parties for marketing purposes, except after you have been informed by us of such sharing and had an opportunity to indicate that you do not want a disclosure made for marketing purposes.
For Vermont Residents: We will not share your Personal Information and Browsing Information with nonaffiliated third parties, except as permitted by Vermont law, such as to process your transactions or to maintain your account. In addition, we will not share information about your creditworthiness with our affiliates except with your authorization. For joint marketing in Vermont, we will only disclose your name, contact information and information about your transactions.
Information From Children
The Website is meant for adults and is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of thirteen (13).We do not collect Personal Information from any person that we know to be under the age of thirteen (13) without permission from a parent or guardian. By using the Website, you affirm that you are over the age of 13 and will abide by the terms of this Privacy Notice.
Privacy Outside the Website
The Website may contain links to other websites. FNF is not and cannot be responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any of those other websites.
FNF's headquarters is located within the United States. If you reside outside the United States or are a citizen of the European Union, please note that we may transfer your Personal Information and/or Browsing Information outside of your country of residence or the European Union for any of the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. By providing FNF with your Personal Information and/or Browsing Information, you consent to our collection and transfer of such information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
The California Online Privacy Protection Act
For some FNF websites, such as the Customer CareNet (“CCN”), FNF is acting as a third party service provider to a mortgage loan servicer. In those instances, we may collect certain information on behalf of that mortgage loan servicer via the website. The information which we may collect on behalf of the mortgage loan servicer is as follows:
- first and last name;
- property address;
- user name and password;
- loan number;
- social security number - masked upon entry;
- email address;
- three security questions and answers; and
- IP address.
The information you submit through the website is then transferred to your mortgage loan servicer by way of CCN. The mortgage loan servicer is responsible for taking action or making changes to any consumer information submitted through this website. For example, if you believe that your payment or user information is incorrect, you must contact your mortgage loan servicer.
CCN does not share consumer information with third parties, other than (1) those with which the mortgage loan servicer has contracted to interface with the CCN application, or (2) law enforcement or other governmental authority in connection with an investigation, or civil or criminal subpoenas or court orders. All sections of this Privacy Notice apply to your interaction with CCN, except for the sections titled “Choices with Your Information” and “Access and Correction.” If you have questions regarding the choices you have with regard to your personal information or how to access or correct your personal information, you should contact your mortgage loan servicer.
Your Consent To This Privacy Notice
By submitting Personal Information and/or Browsing Information to FNF, you consent to the collection and use of the information by us in compliance with this Privacy Notice. Amendments to the Privacy Notice will be posted on the Website. Each time you provide information to us, or we receive information about you, following any amendment of this Privacy Notice will signify your assent to and acceptance of its revised terms for all previously collected information and information collected from you in the future. We may use comments, information or feedback that you submit to us in any manner that we may choose without notice or compensation to you.
Accessing and Correcting Information; Contact Us
If you have questions, would like to access or correct your Personal Information, or want to opt-out of information sharing with our affiliates for their marketing purposes, please send your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail or phone to:
Fidelity National Financial, Inc.
601 Riverside Avenue
Jacksonville, Florida 32204
Attn: Chief Privacy Officer
Effective May 1, 2015; Last updated March 1, 2017
Copyright © 2017. Fidelity National Financial, Inc. All Rights Reserved.